The New LNG Services Inventory provides an overview of the new services offered by the LNG terminal operators to meet the market needs. In addition, it has a special focus on small scale LNG.
The 5 services shown in the LNG New Services Inventory include:
- Reloading: the transfer of LNG from the LNG reservoirs of the terminal into a vessel
- Transhipment: the direct transfer of LNG from one vessel into another
- Loading of bunkering ships: the loading of LNG on bunkering ships which transport LNG in smaller quantities supply to LNG-fuelled ships or LNG bunkering facilities for vessels
- Truck Loading: the loading of LNG on tank trucks which transport LNG in smaller quantities
- Rail loading: the loading of LNG onrailcars
Most of these services are already being provided at various terminals around Europe, or are under development, with the exception of rail loading, which is not offered yet in Europe but could be a future option.
The LNG New Services Inventory shows the minimum ship size, the hourly capacity and use of these services in the past. The data are presented per terminal.
The data published is based on information provided by the LNG terminal operators at a certain point of time. The database will be reviewed and updated by GIE at least once a year or whenever a request for update is received. Active contribution to the database from LNG terminal operators who are non-GIE members is welcome.